Friday, June 10, 2005

Thanks mom...

My mom and i have a love hate relationship. We butt heads all the time! But eventhough we've fought more times then you can imagine i still love her and i know she'll always be there for me.

When i got pregnant, my mom wasn't happy she kept telling me how difficult it was gonna be. We should have done this first or that, we should have enjoyed ourselves first before jumping into things. I know she was really mad but no matter what she still reminded me everyday to take my prenatal vitamins and drink hot milk instead of cold. On weekends she would make porridge or soup dishes just for me. She would call me after every check up to ask how's the baby.
3 weeks before i gave birth she took me shopping for baby stuff! I seriously haven't bought anything during that point. Everything i had was given to me by my cousin. She bought Andrew's wipes to his onesies.
When i was overdue she would call me every afternoon to make me walk and i would scream at her coz it's freaking snowing then she would say just get off the sofa! My dad had a heart attack and i knew she was gonna be busy with him so i didn't expect anymore calls or food. I didn't even expect her to be there when the baby's born. I was wrong she still did everything.She even told the nurses not to push me into the OR without her seeing me first! Surprisingly, i gave birth on her birthday.
Bringing the baby home was exciting but when i got home, it all felt different. I was in pain, i was hungry for her pot of soup and wanted my mom beside me. I was just so overwhelmed by everything, i didn't expect to have a difficult time just standing up, i was even scared to sneeze just incase my incision would open up.She ofcourse reassured me that wouldn't happen and she put a heavy blanket on my tummy to make it feel a little better. My mom came over with a huge pot of soup and she didn't leave my side till i fell asleep.
After i was hospitalised again, she took leave from work to take care of the baby. I know she annoyed pj and kept calling him to ask how i was doing. She kept calling every 15 minutes. There was one incident when PJ was sick and Andrew had a doctor's appt. As usual my mom came to my rescue, she took andrew to the doctor. I honestly wouldn't know what to do without her.
my hero and saviour, i just hope i'll always be there for my baby as much as you've been there for me. I know i don't say it but i love you.Thank you for everything and i do appreciate everything you've done for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home