Friday, July 22, 2005

what's happening to the world...

its pretty depressing to wake up to news that there's a bomb attack somewhere and people's lives have been cherished. The attack yesterday in London was just a minor attack as they were saying on the news. Minor?? What do u mean by minor, its still an attack.
I went out yesterday, i took a cab at Pentagon station and was planning to take the train to the mall. Upon reaching there, i actually thought there was something going on. I was faced upon tons on army guys with big rifles, i wanted to take a pic but there was a huge sign saying i can't take pictures. I understood that wasn't allowed since it was at the pentagon where a plane crashed into the building. I thought that security was tight just at that place. I decided to take another cab ride to the mall. Same thing over there, you couldn't enter the mall without getting ur bags checked.
The queue to get into the mall was long and andrew was crying, so i did get special attention from the police..How nice? Then he told me to have a nice day and don't be scared just go about doing my daily routine.
What's happening to the world? My cousin called yesterday, his telling me that he's going to iraq. I was hysterical, when he joined the navy did he expect to be thrown into war? Well, no, he just wanted to travel the world and have great benefits. Now, his saying his goodbyes and if anything bad happens, i'm to help his wife and daughter through it. I told him he'll be fine and he'll be back in one piece. I THOUGHT THE WAR'S OVER?..i may be ignorant in what's happening to the world. I just don't understand why innocent people lives have to taken away.
I'm writing a journal for andrew, its hard to write down news that well, there are terrorists trying to get their point accross by killing others. Its difficult to ignore what's happening around the world when people i know are getting hurt or seeing first hand whats going on.

News Flash on TV, how to spot a terrorist.Honestly, does it work? I think u just have to be alert. For now, i'll be staying home with my baby boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home