Monday, September 12, 2005

i'm sick,his sick...everyone is sick

As usual its been a tough week...tougher then usual..after the labor day weekend,andrew got sick(again). It was the usual cough n cold..but it juz got worse after day 2. Right after pj left for work, i noticed that he started breathing heavily..i quickly switched on his nebulizer but it didn't seem to do it..he was still breathing heavily.I called the medical emergency,they advise me go over there right away.As soon as we got there..the nurses started fussing over him...Giving him oxgen...they checked his oxgen level and it was 91...Its suppose to be 95 and above.
They called his doctor who came down right away..it was so difficult to see him going tru all that. They gave him an injection that will stop his lungs from swelling...Dose of albuterol..one after another..His doctor was telling me if his oxygen level doesn't stabilize he has to be confine...i started praying..praying that my baby will be alright.
I tried to call pj's aunt who work at the same building as pj..I could only contact him by email or calling their directory and they bloody hell put me on hold...Pj's aunt wasn't at her desk...after 3 hours at the urgent care..pj called.I told him what had happened and he ofcourse panicked more then me. It was difficult being all alone and doctors keep coming in of the room trying to explain what he's is going tru and all i can think about is how am i gonna make him feel better..i couldn't care less what people thought of my voice..i juz sang to my little boy which made me feel a little better and he stopped crying...
I was at the urgent care for 7 hours without any food or water ...i'm thankful for all the doctors who took care of my little one..who reassured me he was gonna be fine...and thank god for keeping me sane.
He had a check up the next day..His doctor said..he's still not 100 percent..and because of the weather changes they might want to keep him medicated through out winter...poor baby..
Andrew's got bronchiolitis. Its not yet a form of asthma...but treatable in ways that asthma can be treated.
Well..so far i've got the cough and cold..and so is pj..Our house now smells like disinfectant sprays..and clorox..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home